|Preparation time: Under 30 minutes|
READ REVIEWS (0)
|A savoury curry which can be used with rice as well as chappati.|
- Pumpkin - 1/2 kg
- Onion (medium size) - 3 sliced
- Coconut (grated) - 1 cup
- Green chilli - 3
- Mustard seed - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 or 3 sprigs
- urad dal - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Peel the pumpkin skin and cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Add one tablespoon of oil in to a frying pan and add mustard.
- When the mustard splutters, add the dry red chillies, urad dal and a sprig of curry leaves to it.
- Now add the chopped onions.
- When the onions turn to a pink shade, add the cubed pumpkin pieces to it.
- Sprinkle a little salt to it.
- Fry the coriander powder and red chilli powder and keep it separately.
- Grind coconut, turmeric, onion, green chilli, fried coriander and red chilli powder together.
- Add the ground coconut masala to the cubed pumpkin pieces.
- Add curry leaf and salt to taste.
- Keep the pan covered and cook in a low flame for 25 minutes.
- Stir well and serve hot.